Saturday, December 26, 2009

Our Doctor

Our Doctor, who travels in time,
feared be thy name.
Thy TARDIS come,
in search of fun,
on earth and in other dimensions.
Show us the awe in everyday life,
while taking us to the ends of time,
and exploring the lives of those famous and not.
Save us from evil both shiny & dark,
while laughing & smiling all day.

I made a confession tonight. I missed watching the Doctor Who special Planet of the Dead. So my friend Kira gave me penance of 27 'Our Doctors'. (Neither of us being Catholic added to my personal enjoyment of the moment.) So I looked and could not find one. I was shocked. How could there not be one within the top few Google hits that my phone displayed? I knew my real penance would be to write the 'Our Father' prayer for future generations. I am not a poet. I barely can string together sentences to make my Ramblings partially coherent. But pen to paper...OK thumb to keypad (I wrote it on my cell phone while I was watching Planet of the Dead tonight) I set out to make something that people might enjoy as well as learn some of the true meanings behind the stories of Doctor Who.

And there you have it, My Christmas Present to the world. Our Doctor.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

1 comment: