- Cut CGI by 90%. Make sets. Use Models. Use actors. Even use puppets. The magical quality of the original movies was that everything looked real because it was.
- Make the Thrawn Trilogy into the next movies (please lock the ideas George has been retooling for years in a box and place it under the next theme park).
- Stop making toy designs first. Make a quality movie and the toys will sell themselves for years. Otherwise you have to keep making new content just to sell a toy that will only sell for a few months.
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Everyone has been asking my opinion on Disney buying LucasFilm and making more Star Wars movies. (At least 2 people. I know. Crazy.) I realize I have been opinionated about this in the past, but now I am hesitant to say much.
Disney can restore Star Wars to the beloved series that it is if:
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
I made another cross country flight yesterday. I took some notes about what I was doing/thinking about on the way.
- I kinda like weird cheese.
- Men in Black 3 - Thumbs up.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies are better when traveling faster than 400 MPH or while above 35,000 ft (possibly both).
- Playing Pocket Planes on a plane is a little like Inception.
- Seeking a Friend for the End of the World makes you evaluate your life. Not sure that makes for the best comedy, but its a good movie.
- Drink lots of water.
- Hey look, it's Salt Lake City or a close facsimile.
- Moonrise Kingdom - very odd but I enjoyed it.
- Wow. I'm watching a lot of movies on this flight.
- The Watch - You can't kill someone and take their skin. It's not cool. (Only saw the first part of it and it was not as good as I had hoped.)
- Why is it that it takes hours to fly over Nebraska and only 6 minutes to fly over California?
Maybe I should just try to sleep on the plane, but the cheese plate was pretty good.