Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fantasy Football

Some of my friends over at the Audiobuzzed Podcast have had a Fantasy Football League for a couple years and this year I have joined them. While I may have participated in a few football pools in the past (to amazing failure) I have never participated in a Fantasy Football League before. I have never been someone that pays much attention to statistics in football. Every time I would try to use the numbers to predict the winner of a game it never worked out. I did far better either picking alphabetically or based on the match-up of the mascots.

I'm actually excited about football season this year now. When I was a kid I loved to watch the 49er's play every week. It was the height of the Joe Montana years and the start of the Steve Young years. How could you not love to watch the amazing action? But then with coaches retiring, quitting, or getting fired every few years and the whole question of ownership of the team happening, the team went in to a deep downward spiral. They soon could not win. Random street gangs would tease the players and play keep away with the team ball. Sad times had fallen on San Francisco and I just lost interest. I'd still watch a game every now and again. When I got an HDTV I watched a lot more football because it was so cool to be able to see blades of grass on the field.

I'm excited to see how this season goes now. Since I have players from so many teams I think I will be watching a lot of football just to see how they do. Do I need to bench a player? Do I have any players on my team that I think might be terrorist sleeper agents? When exactly do dragons, orcs, gnomes, and elves come into this? So far its a lot more Football than Fantasy.

Well if you have any tips for what I should watch out for, let me know. I need to go read these scouting reports on my players. Wow, this guy pays way too much for his cell phone, but his girlfriend is cute. I wonder what the wife thinks about her.

{Originally posted to bizarreramblings.wordpress.com on September 7, 2010}

No comments:

Post a Comment